Easton Baseball League (EBL) is pleased to announce the opening of registration for our summer season.
- Registration will run from Monday March 11 through Friday March 29.
- We are opening and closing summer registration earlier than in years past to give us the option to hold outdoor tryouts in April if necessary and weather permitting. Please go to www.eastonbaseballleague.com to register.
- There will be a summer ball informational session for parents on Thursday March 21 at 7:30PM at Samuel Staples Elementary School. At this session, we will provide an overview of our summer program, the process for selecting teams, managers & coaches, and will answer any questions you may have.
Details on the EBL Summer Program
The summer program is designed for kids seeking to continue to play competitive baseball throughout the summer. Our teams represent Easton in area tournaments that run through the end of July. EBL will field a 12U District team (top 12’s and 11’s), a 10U District team (top 10’s and 9’s) and an 8U team (top 8’s and 7’s if necessary). Summer baseball age designations are governed by the Cal Ripken designated age cut off, which is the child’s age as of April 30, 2019. Each team will be comprised of the strongest at each level. For the 12U team, the strongest 12s and 11s will be selected for the team. For the 10U team, the strongest 10s and 9s will be selected for the team. For the 8U team, the strongest 8s and 7s (if needed) will be selected for the team. Formation of additional teams outside these three teams will be dependent on the number of kids remaining.
There will be a mandatory evaluation for all players (date, time and location TBD). Teams will be announced around May 1st in order to provide ample time to practice and scrimmage in preparation for the tournaments.
It is imperative that you register by the March 29 deadline so that we can begin to see the number of teams we can field and at what age group.
Additional details are as follows:
- Price: $280 for 9U, 10U, 11U and 12U. $200 for 8U players.
- Registration: Please register through SI Play. Note that SI Play will require 12s and 11s to register as 12U, 10s and 9s to register as 10U and 8s to register at the 8U level. Players will then be assigned to their team following EBL’s team selection and evaluation process.
- Team Selections & Evaluations: While our hope is to place every player on a team, this cannot be guaranteed. Depending on the number of players at each level, it is possible there will be cuts. Team placement will be based on spring and summer evaluations, early spring season performance and our collective knowledge of the players' past performance. The evaluation of each player will be a comprehensive process for each level. Any player that does not end up placed on a summer team will be fully refunded their registration fee.
- Eligibility: Players are expected to play in fifty percent of their spring games to be eligible for summer ball.
- Vacations: A day or two here or there can be accommodated. A week or two here or there could present an issue. Anyone with significant vacation/camp planned should discuss your conflict with an EBL Board Member before registering.
- Managers/Coaches: Managers and coaches will be chosen once registration is complete. If you are interested in managing or coaching a competitive summer travel team, please contact Don Romaniello or Kerry Caylor at the emails below by March 29. Selections will be made in consultation with the EBL Summer Committee.
- Memorial Day Tournaments: As in the past, Easton may be participating in Memorial Day tournaments at some of the age levels. If so, it will be our summer teams that are playing in these tournaments.
- Expectations of Summer Players: All players are expected to hold the Easton Baseball League Summer their top priority. If a player is double rostering with another team and there is a game or practice for that team that conflicts with an EBL practice or game, the player is expected to attend EBL practices and games.
Should you have any questions, please contact Don Romaniello, EBL Summer Committee Chair, @ DonRomaniello@Ymail.com or Kerry Caylor, EBL President, @ kerry.caylor@PB.com